Jul 15, 2011

An afternoon at the gallery.

Darkhold_i05_p19_Case_McKenna

Darkhold_i05_p19_Case_McKenna

The Darkhold is a written record of all of the Elder God Chthon's knowledge about evil and dark magic and contains a vast and varied number of spells. These spells, when cast by a magically skilled person behave the way spells do for most any other source of arcane energies. When the mystical barriers are thin enough and the Dwarf distributes pages of the Darkhold to people, usually unskilled in the mystic arts, they can still somehow chant the incantation that summons the Other and allows them to ask the demon to perform the spell contained on that page. In addition, the Darkhold parchment is completely indestructible. The binding of the book is not, but all the pages within can not be destroyed.


This page shows the battle between Ghost Rider and The Punisher.

This is an interesting page in that it has both the Punisher and the Ghost Rider on it. When the whole Midnight Sons thing came about and horror titles were once again in vogue I was a bit at a loss truth be told. I had enjoyed a certain heyday back in the early seventies when Marvel was putting out the first run of Ghost Rider and other title such as Werewolf by Night, The Living Mummy, Dracula and Man-Thing but when it all came around again I was just left cold.

I happen to like Richard Case’s work but I would much rather have a Doom Patrol page of his than this page, maybe someone will trade?

Check out my Comic Art Fans Galleries! © All scans copyright PJ Mungiole 2011 - may not be reproduced, reused, reposted without permission.

No comments: